We speak cat, too!
We have been designated a Gold Level Cat Friendly Practice since Feb 2015. We are one of just 500 veterinary practices in the U.S. to achieve this status. The standards include facility and protocols like AAHA but go much further in handling guidelines & education to ensure your cat’s veterinary experience is as stress-free as possible! From the beginning instructions we provide on transporting your cat to our clinic to the individualized approach we take for each cat we will do our best to insure they don’t mind returning at their next visit! Some even enjoy it… especially those that visit Bugs Cat Gym for one of our Cats Night Out events!!
WE ARE ALSO CURRENT MEMBERS OF THE FOLLOWING
- The American Veterinary Medical Association
- The Wisconsin Veterinary Medical Association
- The American Veterinary Dental Society
- The American Association of Feline Practitioners
- The American Academy of Veterinary Nutrition
WTVC is Cat Friendly!
West Towne Veterinary Center is Gold Level Cat Friendly Practice Certified, treating your cat with respect and kindness to provide your cat with the best possible medical and preventive care, all while making their visit as stress-free as possible!
Why WTVC is Different
- We provide a step by step plan for you to make the transport of your kitty safe & stress-free.
- We have a separate cat entrance and two quiet exam rooms for cat appointments that are on the other side of the building from dog rooms.
- We will minimize stress to your cats in all ways during your visit, by using quiet voices in the exam room and handling your cat with feline-friendly techniques – we treat every cat like we would our own. We even have Cats Night Out events to help get your kitty used to the clinic outside of her exam.
- Our team is always current on feline-specific wellness and medicine. Our doctors are members of the American Association of Feline Practitioners, and all staff engages in ongoing continuing training and education to stay up-to-date on advances and changes in feline care.
- We will continue to help you find healthy kittens & cats to call your own through two great rescues: Madison Cat Project & the Dane County Humane Society. We have worked with each of these rescue organizations for over 5 years!
Barriers Impeding Feline Veterinary Care
The biggest roadblocks preventing cat owners from bringing their cats to the vet for a wellness exam often seem to be to getting cats into a carrier and the fear of causing stress to their cats by bringing them to the clinic. Knowing these barriers, our primary goal is to make you and your cat as comfortable as possible while still providing the care, wellness, and testing that your cat needs.
Many of our clinic staff have cats and face the same challenges you do in getting them in for their annual wellness exams on schedule. We are here to help you overcome these obstacles so your cat can receive the best quality care available, to help them live long, happy, and healthy lives!
Don't Forget About Cats!
Did you know that cat ownership exceeds dog ownership by 10 million cats?! Although there are more cats in the U.S, the current market research says that cats are simply not receiving the care that most dogs receive on a regular basis and that they have just as many preventable diseases. This means that many cats may be fighting painful issues at home without their owner’s knowledge. As cat owners ourselves, we fully realize how independent and self-sufficient cats can be, and how good they can be at hiding illnesses. Regular wellness care and screening is, therefore, an essential component of keeping cats healthy and helping to increase their quality and quantity of life.