Yes, we’re open – You may now come inside with your pet!
You are welcome to now come inside with your pet to their appointment. Our waiting room and exam rooms are open to pet parents. Mask wearing is not mandatory but encouraged. We ask if you are feeling sick or have been exposed to Covid-19 within the last 14 days to reschedule your appointment.
We’re still going Handshake Free during the COVID-19 outbreak. Waves, purrs, and barks are still welcome!
Still Offering – Curbside Services if you would prefer to stay contactless.
When scheduling your appointment, please inform a staff member that you would prefer to do a curbside appointment.
1. Bring your pet on a leash or in a carrier.
– Please keep them secured until we are able to meet with you.
2. Please stay in your car and wear a mask when we approach.
– This allows us to maintain a safe distance for yours (and our) safety.
3. Keep your cell phone line open.
– We will need to be able to reach you to discuss treatment plans/appointment details
4. If you or a family member are sick, please reschedule.
– Please help keep us healthy so we can keep caring for pets!
5. Plan for a slightly longer visit than normal
– Extra disinfection procedures and time on the phone means appointments may run longer than normal.
We appreciate your patience as we all adapt to this situation. Thank you all and stay safe during these difficult times!
– WTVC Staff
West Towne Veterinary Center strives to make your pet’s experience as stress-free as possible. If you have any questions, our contact information is below.